READ UP ON WHAT POSEIDEN Foundation ACCOMPLISHED IN 2020
POSEIDEN FOUNDATION ANNOUNCED OUR NEW MISSION For 2020 and Beyond!
1. Our Mission…to GIVEAWAY 100,000 Skateboards!
-THIS YEAR, we accomplished giving away 300 skateboards to youth in North County, Los Angeles, CA and Tucson, Douglas, Sierra Vista, Arizona and Internationally
2. FREE Ladies Day Skate Session xCA|TF January 12th, 2020!
-We believe that by giving youth access to elite facilities allows them to follow their passion for skateboarding and accomplish their Dreams.
3. NYCBD Interview with Poseiden Foundation
-Poseiden Founder, Micaela Ramirez, spoke on NYCBD YouTube Channel, with Jeff Hill and American R&B singer and songwriter, Jimmy Cozier. Her interview began 22-minutes into the show, where she shares her skate history, how she started Poseiden Foundation and how CBD has helped many athletes recover quickly from injury.
1. Leap Year 2020 Party- Poseiden Foundation-CA|TF
-At the CA/TF we teamed up with H-Street and invited their team to come and skate with youth that attended the free event. During the event we collected coloring books for children that are terminally ill and living at the Children’s Hospital of San Diego.
2. Appearance Party- H-Street w/Lady Luck
-Lady Luck and H-Street Fundraise for Poseiden Foundation. The money raised went to purchasing more items that children need at Rady’s Children Hospital.
-Skate Wild Foundation gave the opportunity for two of our Junior Ambassadors to attend camp. This is their 3rdyear through their scholarship they have been able to attend. Thanks to their generosity and kindness, both Maria and Laura Santos were able to learn about filming and new tricks in the middle of the Sequoias.
1. MISSING OUR CA|TF EVENTS.. NO WORRIES, THEY AREN'T CANCELLED, ONLY POSTPONED!
-Due to Covid-19 we postponed CA|TF events and began to think outside the box to help youth in our community.
2. PARTICIPATE IN OUR VIRTUAL EVENT AND BECOME ONE OF OUR FIRST PF VIRTUAL WINNERS!
-We created a virtual event where skaters shared their experiences and how they create kindness in their communities during Covid-19
3. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE? TRY A FREE SAMPLE OF PF'S PREMIUM COFFEE TODAY!
-Poseiden teamed up with Negus Coffee. They support women of Africa and help them receive education and basic needs for themselves and families. For every sample sent and every coffee sold, Negus Coffee gave 10% of the proceeds towards their cause and 5% towards Poseiden Foundation Mission.
4. WATCH SBEC SKATE VIDEO BY POSEIDEN'S SPAIN & ECUADORIAN AMBASSADOR.
-By Poseiden Foundation supporting our Ambassadors Passions and Visions, we accomplish more as a team!
1. PF'S LADIES DAY OFFICIAL VIDEO LAUNCH ON BERRICS SITE 4/20
-Thanks to The Berrics, Poseiden Foundation officially launched our Ladies Day video on their media platforms.
2. SHARING IS CARING BE SAFE AND KNOW THAT WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
-We started a program for North County youth from April to July provided resources for 30 youth with skate supplies, clothing and food.
3. HAPPY EARTH DAY!
-Poseiden Foundation collaborated with Etnies for a Special Edition Earth Day Tote, where proceeds went towards skate park clean-up supplies.
3. AMBASSADORS COME TOGETHER TO CREATE CHANGE IN OUR COMMUNITIES.
-Understanding that Covid-19 is affecting families and children across the globe, Poseiden Foundation’s Ambassadors wanted to make a difference. In the United States, our local Ambassadors and Junior Ambassadors make a difference in their community by donating their time at food banks, harvesting citrus from local orchards, and gathering honey by working with honey farmers in North County.
1. POSEIDEN FOUNDATION INTRODUCED WEEKLY LIVE CHATS w/ JEN O'BRIEN, CARABETH BURNSIDE,
ELIANA SOSCO, NIKA WASHINGTON, MAMA SKATE #SKATEFORABETTERWORLD
-Skateboarding For A Better World Live Chats are about skateboarding, what inspired each Board of Director and Ambassador and Supporters of Poseiden Foundation and how each special guest gives back to their community, pursues their passion, and how they are accomplishing their dreams.
2. CBD AND MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
-During the month of May, we gave free samples of CBD adults that were dealing with pain issues due to skateboarding. Thank you to the several CBD companies that provided us with an alternative solution in alleviating pain.
1. WELCOME ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS: WINDWALKER DORN AND DI’ORR GREENWOOD
-We are so honored and excited to have Windwaker Cherokee Nation and First Nations Grammy Award Nominee and Di’orr Navajo Nation Skateboarder, Elder Advocate, and Amazing First Nations Artist join Poseiden Foundation.
2. AMBASSADORS COME TOGETHER TO CREATE CHANGE IN OUR COMMUNITIES.
-Our Ambassadors continue to give back to the community and making a difference in Thousands of Families lives. They have fed over 4,000 families and picking over 1,500 pound of fruit and 20 pounds of honey.
1. UNITED WE SKATE POSEIDEN FOUNDATION CAMPAIGN AND DOCUMENTRY
- Our focus is to ignite the passions they have within them and to build confidence and self-esteem by giving them a skateboard and conquering their fears. Our campaign goal is to give 100,000 skateboards to at-risk youth and reach out to 650,000 at-risk females, both within the United States and internationally. Our vision behind the United We Skate is that together we can create a better future for our youth, and in turn, we will make a positive impact and change the world!
1. SKATEBOARDING & COMMUNITY AT PRINCEPARK
-Since Prince Park (Alex Road) opened 8 years ago, Poseiden Foundation has worked with Prince Park community through El Camino High School Skate Club. Since, the skate club has been on hold due to the pandemic, Poseiden Foundation met with Josh Carson and Marquis (Poseiden Ambassador) to see what we could do to facilitate their mission and vision for local Prince Park youth.
1. PRINCEPARK YOUTH CLEAN-Ups
- Working with our Youth Community Leadership, we teamed up with Skatepark Respect during one of our events, and had youth clean their home park prior to starting each best trick contest. A total of 10 bags of trash were picked up, and everyone worked together in making sure that items that were able to be recycled were separated from non-recyclables. We have hosted a skate park clean-up once a month since the pandemic has started.
2. POSEIDEN TEAM & GIVING BACK
-Poseiden Foundation Ambassadors helped feed over 6,500 families. We picked over 3,000 pounds of citrus to donate to food banks. Collected over 50 pounds of honey for the community.
3. SKATEBOARDING & COMMUNITY AT PRINCEPARK EVENT
- Poseiden Foundation teamed-up with Josh "Fiesto" and Marquis from Princepark. Both youth advocates from North County and to be more specific, from Oceanside. Together, we created several DL events for the local youth of Oceanside, CA. As many do not know, Oceanside has a very high rate of homeless, foster, and orphaned youth within its community. During these hard times, approximately 80% of the kids that attended the events, have been lacking food due to school being out, a rise in domestic abuse at home, and use their local park as their number one mental health facility and to escape from gang violence and drugs in their neighborhoods.
1. SKATE TO THE POLLS xTheBerrics w/ FUTURE COALITION & MARCH ON
- Poseiden Foundation "SKATE TO THE POLLS" is working with MTV News and the organizers of the women’s marches in 2018 and the climate strikes in 2019, March On and Future Coalition, along with the Vote With Us Coalition are organizing #VOTEWITHUS A month of on-the-ground and digital actions across America with one consolidated and super-amplified virtual rally on October 24th to educate, motivate, and mobilize young voters.
2. LAUNCHING OF UNITED WE SKATEBOARD EXCHANGE xPRINCEPARK
-Skateboard Exchange is the international collaboration between the Skateboard Industry and The Poseiden Foundation to provide 100,000 Homeless and High Risk Children Free Skateboards, Clinics and Education to promote the "Love of Skateboarding"
Want to get involved? Go to www.poseidenfoundation.org
3. POSEIDEN GLOBAL VIRTUAL GAME OF S.K.A.T.E. & ETNIES GOOFY VS.REGULAR
- This year to ensure everyone’s safety we at Poseiden Foundation decided to celebrate this year 12th Annual Ladies Day xThe Berrics with a virtual "Game of S.K.A.T.E." The game will consist of us using the Olympic format of 5 continents (Africa, Americas, Oceania, Europe, Asia). Each country will have 1 skateboarder represent their country. finals were streamed live on The Berrics social media platforms giving Ladies from around the global a chance to be highlighted on The Berrics website! We reached our cap of 120 Ladies from different countries, and when games started 67 countries participated in the 7 week Game of S.K.A.T.E. Thanks to everyone’s participation an to our Partners, Etnies, H-Street, Autonomy, and Negus Coffee, we were able to raise 300 skateboards for orphaned, foster, homeless, and at-risk youth.
1. FINAL GLOBAL GAME OF SKATE LIVESTREAM FINALS ON THE BERRICS SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM
- The FINALS consisted of of 5 continents (Africa, Americas, Oceania, Europe, Asia) and 1-Earth (Sovergin Nations)- In the Finals We had: Julia Brueckler (Austria)
represented Europe, María Alejandra Arias Yepez (Venezuela) represented Americas, Chloe Covell (Australia) represented Oceania, Boipelo Awuah (South Africa) represented Africa, Margielyn A.Didal
(Phillapines) represented Asia, Cecely Todacheenie (Navajo Nation) represented the Sovergin Nations.
**Keep a look out for our programs and see who who the Global Game of S.K.A.T.E.
2. PRINCEGIVING W/ PRINCEPARK xGORNEYWEVES & Community
Thanks to GorneyWeves and Prince Park Josh Carson and Poseiden Ambassador Marquis Jones, together with Poseiden Foundation and board companies like Granduer, H-street, Aluminati, Mini Logo, Lady Luck, and many more...We have given 200 skateboards to the youth at PrincePark since July. And, with the help from companies like: Converse, Etnies, and Vans, we gave new shoes to youth that desperately needed new kicks not only to skate in, but to have a decent pair of shoes for daily life.
3. 12th ANNUAL LADIES DAY xTHE BERRICS
- This Years Ladies Day was a ticketed event and we followed Covid Safety Regulations during the event. Due to the overwhelming financial impacts of COVID-19 on families in our most venerable committees the Poseiden Foundation decided to redirect all resources normally allocated for prized purses to aid those in need.
Instead, this year's Ladies Day at the Berrics 2020, was a charity event and the official launch of "United We Sk8" the most ambitious charity campaign in women's skateboarding to provide 100,000 skateboards to children in foster car, experiencing homelessness, orphaned and at-risk youth
1. POSEIDEN PARTNERS UP WITH YOURIP & PRINCEPARK
-YOURIP CHALLENGES A VIRTUAL EVENT GAVE YOUTH OVER $3,000 IN PRIZES OVER 3 WEEKENDS! If you haven’t heard of YOURIPapp you want to check them out and create your own challenges! Film a clip at PrincePark and enter the challenges virtually.
2. PRINCEMAS xPRINCEPARK & YOURIP
-Together, we successfully were able to give away 80+ skateboard decks, 20 completes, over 50 pairs of shoes, and over 100 youth recieved new articles of clothing during Princemas. All children that attended walked away with a Holiday Toy thanks to the Fundrasier that was held by GorneyWeves and Team during Princegiving and thanks to special people from our North County community, and professional skaters.
Our Princemas goal was to make sure each child, youth, and young adult walked away with new items, gifts, and a community filled with happiness.